Oh, I love me some good ol’ Pecan pie! The crunch of the pie crust, the nutty flavor of the Pecans mixed with the sweet gooey center makes my mouth just water.
So that’s why I was so excited when I was able to Veganize it! I always bake two vegan pecan pies during the holidays and they are always the first pies gone. Needless to say, some of my guests don’t even know it’s vegan and I’ve never had any complaints! (score!)
This post may contain affiliate links & Ads, which means I may receive a small commission off of any purchase you make at no added cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog!
I’m happy to say that the ingredients for this pie are all kitchen staples in a Vegan household; and even if you by chance don’t have an ingredient, you won’t have a hard time finding it at your local grocery store.
Tell me about the crust..
Now, for the pie crust, I opted to go the easy route and purchase a pre-made Wewalka Vegan pie crust dough. I know some people like making their own pie crusts from scratch, and more power to ya if that’s you- but I’m a lazy baker and like my shortcuts!
And the filling?
The filling is made with Extra Firm Silken Tofu and a whole bunch of other yummy ingredients. I know it may sound a bit odd to add Tofu to a desert but believe me, you can’t taste it and the Tofu creates this silky thick texture you want in a great tasting Pecan pie.
What about a topping?
And finally, a pie is not complete without whipped cream! Luckily we’re going to make a fast Coconut whipped cream made from just two ingredients (yes, only two ingredients- easy huh?).
Alright, enough chit chat.. let’s get to the recipe! I hope you and whoever you share this pie with enjoy every bite. Happy baking!
Vegan Pecan Pie
- 2 Packs Wewalka Vegan Pie Crust Or any other vegan pie crust.
- 2/3 Cups Vegan butter
- 2 Cups Brown sugar
- 1 Cups Corn Syrup
- 5 Tbs Corn starch
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 Package Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 4 Cups Whole Pecans You can add more if you’re feeling adventurous.
Coconut Whipped cream
- 3 Cans Full fat Coconut Milk Refrigerated.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar Or more if you want it sweeter.
2 Pie dishes/pans
- Heat oven to 350F
The pie crust
- Place pie crusts in pie dish/pan and bake for 10-15 minutes while you prep the filling.
- **BE SURE TO POKE HOLES IN THE PIE DOUGH TO PREVENT DOUGH FROM RISING**
- When it’s golden brown, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Mix together the brown sugar, vegan butter, corn starch and corn syrup over medium heat.
- When the mixture gets to a slight boil, reduce heat to low and add vanilla extract and salt.
- In a food processor, pulse together the tofu, 1 cup of pecans and brown sugar mixture.
- Divide mixture into the two pie crusts.
- Bake for an hour until pies are soft yet firm.
Coconut whipped cream
- Remove solid Coconut cream from the can**Careful not to take ANY of the liquid from the can- it will make the whipped cream liquid**
- Mix together with powdered sugar
- Place on top of Pecan pie and enjoy!
Hayley Nakasone says
Thank you for the recipe! I’m super excited to try it out!
Yay! Make sure to take pictures and send them to me 😊