Flakey crust filled with sweet and tart strawberry filling; this easy vegan puff pastry recipe is so fun and quick to make with the kids! It’s sure to be a family favorite!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog!
My family loves going out to local cafes and scouting out their variety of tasty pastries. But once in a while the options for a vegan puff pastry is slim to none. So I wanted to share an easy recipe that you can quickly whip up at home for a morning or snack time treat.
Related article: Vegan Pecan Pie
Gather your supplies
What makes this recipe so easy is that you basically just need three items! THREE ITEMS!! It can’t get easier than that.
- Pre-made Vegan Puff Pastry Dough – I use the Jus Rol Puff Pastry Dough. It’s very easy to roll out and the bake flakes up so perfectly.
- Strawberry Jam – We love using the Bonne Maman brand because they use pectin instead of gelatin!
- Silpat Non-stick Mat – For the longest time I never used a non stick mat. But ever since I took the dive and started using one, my desserts bake so evenly and lift off with ease. If you don’t have one yet, I highly suggest getting at least one!
Related article: Vegan Pulled Pork
Let’s put it all together
First things first, always always ALWAYS preheat your oven before your get started. Once you’ve done that, roll out the dough. We used the Jus Rol pre-made pastry dough and it was very easy to handle and roll right out of the refrigerator.
Next you’ll cut the dough into six squares. You can use a knife or you can use a pastry cutter wheel. If you don’t have a pastry cutter wheel, you can easily swap it for a pizza dough cutter! Works just the same.
Once that is all done, you’ll want to cut the edges of the squares so they resemble a large arrow. I’ll place a photo below.
PRO TIP: Once you cut the dough, place it on your non-stick mat! Not doing so will make it difficult for you to transfer after the jam is applied since it will now be fragile.
Now it’s time to fill these bad boys! Grab your store bought or homemade jam and place a tablespoon f it into the center of the dough. Be sure to spread it out to the edges of the middle square.
Then you’ll take the corners and pull each edge to the center of the dough. This will create a beautiful pattern and will gorgeously display the bright red jam once it’s baked.
Now pop it into your preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until it’s golden brown. And Voila! Fresh baked vegan puff pastry right at home!
That was easy, wasn’t it!?
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love if you could GIVE IT 5 STARS and tell me in the comments below!
Vegan Strawberry Puff Pastry
- 1 Package Jus Rol Puff Pastry Dough
- 1 Tbsp Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (or package instructions)
- Roll out dough and cut into squares
- Pull dough away from parchment paper and place on non stick mat
- Cut slits into all four corner edges
- Place 1 tbsp of jam in the center of dough and spread around
- Lift edges and pull to center
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (Until golden brown)
Leave a Reply